Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday – October 22, 2013 – William Harvey, Dora Belle (Smith) and Charles Jackson





This is Hoverstock Cemetery in Zanesville, Indiana.  The grave stone of William Harvey Jackson and Dora Belle (Smith) Jackson.  Dora Belle is the daughter of James and Oella (Denney) Smith. She was born in March of 1877.  She died on January 15, 1953.  She married William Harvey Jackson on June 30, 1893 in Wells County, Indiana.  William Harvey Jackson was born in March 26, 1872.  He died on February 15, 1968.




This is the only family photo that I have of  the Jackson Family.  It is of  William(1871), Oscar (1895) and Dora(1877).  It was likely taken in 1899 before the birth of Charles. I have other photos of their daughter, Ruth and each of the  surviving family members were in the photo which I had in my blog last week but this is the only family type photo that I have of them.





Charles Jackson was the son of William Harvey and Dora Belle (Smith ) Jackson.  He was 4 months old when the census was counted on June 26, 1900. He died in 1901.  I do not know the details of his death.  I will have to try to find an obit  or a death record for him.  He is buried in the same plot as his parents.

Happy Hunting,

Jan Smith
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!