Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tombstones Tuesday - November 8, 2011

Homer A. Quackenbush - Died : July 2, 1883
Age 36 years old

 
 
 
I love these “White Bronze Stones” from the late 1800.  They are not really stone at all.  They are made of Zinc. They were manufactured by the Monumental Bronze Company of Bridgeport Connecticut between the years 1875 and 1912.  While these metal monuments are not indestructible they hold up much better than some of the stone monuments of the same time period. In most medium to large cemeteries, you will see several of these types of tombstones.  I really like this one!

I am not related to this family but some day some one will do a search and be glad that I published this!  it is quite a beautiful monument.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!