Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - November 12, 2013 - Alice Best Green and Charles Green

I was looking up the children of John Landon Best and Dorothy Emeline Silverthorn Best tonight to use for my Tombstone Tuesday. Was an interesting search..... John and Emeline had 6 children born in Canada before they immigrated to Michigan in 1872. They were ; Walter (1858), Nellie (1860 also known as Ellen), Alvin (1862), Alice(1864), Wm Harris (1868)and Harvey Wm(1868) . I have not found photos of John L and Dorothy Emeline graves yet or I would be showing them here. They are buried in Woodlawn cemetery in Columbiaville, Michigan. I will visit the cemetery to take photos of them when I have an opportunity to get there.

In the mean time, I had no trouble finding photos of Alice Best Green and her husband Charles. They were on Findagrave.com and the Greens were buried in the Woodlawn Cemetery in Clio...with many of our other family members. I saved their photos. The photos are small but should work OK for the blog.



Alice Best married Charles W. Green in Genesee County, Michigan on November 30, 1882. They lived in Flint and had three children. Lester Green, Blance Green and Alena Green. Charles died in 1937.  He was born in Michigan in 1860 to Henry Green and Martha Mann.  Henry and Martha are buried in Clio too.  Alice survived Charles by 13 years, living with her daughter and son-in-law, Herchel and Alena Cooke.

Happy Hunting,

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Jan I have gravestone photos in my Ancestry tree but when I tried to email you at stitchinfox@yahoo.com it came back to me saying there is no yahoo account. Cheers George Best bestg41@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!