Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday – December 7, 2010

                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Celia Shobert was the wife of Leonard Shobert. She was born in New York on June 10, 1878, the daughter of Irish Immigrants according to the 1900 Michigan Census for Sand Beach, Michigan.  The Census also shows that Celia and Leonard have two sons, Lloyd and Burton. As you can see she dies a short 5 years later. Leonard would marry  Martha in 1907 and they would have a daughter, Dorothy, in 1909. 

I was in this cemetery to obtain photos per requests from findagrave.com which is what lead me to the Shobert Family plot in the Rock Falls Cemetery.  So I took pictures of all the family members tombstones in the plot.  I'll show Dorothy gravestone in a future blog.  I was not able to find out too much more about Celia. I am not related to this family.

It was a beautiful day but very windy and cold!

Happy Family History Hunting!

Jan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!