Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - August 31, 2010

Today’s Tombstone Tuesday come from Rest Lawn Memorial Park in Kent County, Michigan near Grand Rapids. This photo was taken by a very nice volunteer Photographer named Marni Turnbull Rose through the findagrave.com website. Marni took this photo for a friend of mine Anita Maijer – Schrot who lives in Germany. She and I met through Facebook because we shared a common interest, family history and genealogy research. I have helped her from time to time do research on some of her family members who came to the US and settled in Grand Rapids Michigan. It has been so nice to meet this lady and share with her the experience of discovering who her ancestors were and where they settle.


Yesterday a wonderful lady named Deb at the Rest Lawn Memorial Cemetery looked up Anita ancestor’s burial location for me. I had called on Saturday and spoke to very nice man who told me that if I called on Monday that “Deb would be glad to look up these people and their burial sites for you.” So on Monday I talked to Deb and she was able to tell us that Albert and his wife Rekka were buried at Rest Lawn and that they buried in Section 16, Lot 14, Graves 5 and Grave 6. Albert is in grave 5 and Rekka is in grave 6.


We were also looking for Albert’s father Douwes Maijer but we were not able to find him.

Marni was lucky enough to also find two fawns peacefully napping near the graves of Albert and Rekka Myer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!