Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - July 28,2010

 John Crites is my GGGGGrandfather. He was born in Pennsylvania  on January 6, 1797.  The Crites Family including Jacob, John's father, became some of the earliest settlers in the Dover, Ohio area some time prior to the 1820 death of Jacob Crites.  John was the 10th child of 11 children born to Jacob and Elizabeth Crites. John was a very prominent farmer in Tuscarawas County, Ohio.  In his later years he became very good at working with wood.  He made and sold many fine pieces of furniture and cabinets.  He married Mary Walters on March 19, 1822. John and Mary would also have 10 children.  He died on September 6, 1859. He is buried in Crooked Run Cemetery with his father, Jacob, who is my relative which connects me to the DAR organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!