Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Genealogy Blog by Janet Smith

I have been actively research my ancestors since 1997 when I bought my husband Family Tree Maker for his family history data. He asked me to install if for him. (Since that is what I did for a living at the time.) So I installed it.

After installing it, I decided to just add the people that I knew from my family. It has been 12 years now. I know 3950 family members (ancestors), 1314 marriages, 14 generations and 986 surnames. An incredible journey it has been. I have traveled all over the world with these people while exploring record online, in libraries, in boxes of old pictures, at cemeteries, in horse pastures and at churches. I have grown very fond of these people, my new found family. I will share them with you too, through this blog.

As you know, I am a Smith. One of millions of Smiths and at times searching for a Smith is much like looking for a "Needle in a Haystack" which is why my blog has that name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!